We have developed a podcast in relation to Universal Credit giving an overview of the introduction of Universal Credit. To listen to the podcast click the link below:
There are also a number of useful websites and organisations, listed below, that can also provide you with information and support.
- Disability Rights UK http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/
- Child Poverty Action Group (CPAG) http://www.cpag.org.uk/
- Gateway to Birmingham Advice Services (GBAS) https://birminghamadviceservices.org.uk/
- Birmingham Community Law Centre (in relation to upper tribunals) http://birminghamclc.org.uk/
- Rights Net (Advisors only) http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/
- Turn to Us https://www.turn2us.org.uk/
Law for Life Advisory Tools
- User-friendly guide to challenging a PIP decision – available here: http://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-win-pip-appeal
- Interactive tool to help claimants decide if they should ask for a mandatory reconsideration and then helps them write the letter http://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool
seAp Advocacy – Online Help to Prepare for Benefits Assessments
- Digital service from seAp advocacy aimed at helping people going through the process of applying for disability related benefits: www.c-app.org.uk
Loan Sharks and Illegal Money Lending
Produced by the England Illegal Money Lending Team this short film warns of the dangers of illegal money lenders. The film is available in several languages. Click on the links below to watch the film.