We work in an ever changing environment, with new challenges to face, both as an organisation and for our local communities, forcing us to adapt the way we work and the services we provide. Our Vision, Mission, Objectives and Values ensure we stay true to our roots and continue to meet the needs of today’s communities. These are as follows:
Birmingham Settlement supports people to lead happy, fulfilled lives; creating and sustaining communities and places where people want to live.
The role of Birmingham Settlement is to improve the quality of life for individuals and communities facing social and economic exclusion. We will do this by working with others to influence policymakers and challenge the status quo. In doing so, we will create a cohesive enhanced environment with opportunity and choice.
- To deliver services flexibly and appropriately for all sections of the community.
- To ensure services are linked and appropriate referrals are made.
- To provide our clients with the best possible service through efficient, competent skilled staff.
- To work alone and in partnership to support the development of the voluntary and community sector.
- To lobby and influence local, and where opportunity permits, regional and national policymakers.
- To achieve an appropriate balance between public sector, earned and other income whilst enhancing financial stability and securing long term financial viability.
The following statements underpin the work of the Settlement and its staff. We are:
- Accountable – with integrity, honesty and transparency