We work in an ever changing environment, with new challenges to face, both as an organisation and for our local communities. We adapt the way we work and the services we provide to meet these challenges. Our Vision, Mission, Objectives and Values ensure we stay true to our roots and continue to meet the needs of people in the disadvantaged communities we serve.
Birmingham Settlement supports people to lead happy, fulfilled lives; creating and sustaining communities and places where people want to live.
The role of Birmingham Settlement is to improve the quality of life for individuals and communities facing social and economic exclusion. We will do this by working with others to influence policymakers and challenge the status quo. In doing so, we will create a cohesive enhanced environment with opportunity and choice.
- To deliver services flexibly and appropriately for all sections of the community.
- To ensure services are linked and appropriate referrals are made.
- To provide our clients with the best possible service through efficient, competent skilled staff.
- To work alone and in partnership to support the development of the voluntary and community sector.
- To lobby and influence local policy makers, and keep regional and national policymakers.
- To achieve an appropriate balance between public sector, earned and fundraising income whilst enhancing financial stability and securing long-term viability of the organisation and its services.
The following statements underpin the work of the Settlement and its staff. We are:
- Accountable – with integrity, honesty and transparency