We are looking for someone who can help us support people from the local community by helping us on the Reception Desk at our Head Office in Aston as a Volunteer Receptionist. We are looking for someone who can commit a minimum of 3 hours per week on either a morning or afternoon, Monday to Friday. More details about this role can be found below.
Role Title: Volunteer Receptionist
Where: Birmingham Settlement’s Head Office, 359-361 Witton Road, Aston, Birmingham, B6 6NS
When: Flexible Monday-Friday
Commitment: A minimum of 3 hours per week to cover a morning or afternoon, e.g. 9am–12noon or 1.30pm–4.30pm
- To help ensure that everyone who visits Birmingham Settlement is assisted appropriately and professionally.
- To manage the reception area to ensure all service users have been acknowledged and dealt with.
- To support the Senior Administrator by responding to general telephone enquiries.
- To keep the reception area, Kitchen and interview rooms clean and tidy.
- To support the Senior Administrator with general admin duties such as sorting the post, processing stationery orders, filing, support individuals on Cyber Suite and any other necessary duties.
What’s In It For You:
- Opportunity to meet diverse groups of people and work for one of the oldest charities in Birmingham.
- Gain practical administration experience to support your career development.
- Full training will be provided.
- You will receive regular supervision and reimbursement of out of pocket expenses.
Why We Want You:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of customer service.
- Ability to respond to a range of client groups.
- Must be approachable and non-judgemental.
- Preferably experience in a customer facing role.
To apply please send your application form (available below) and CV via email or post to Angie Leake, Senior Community Reception and Admin Worker at email@example.com or 359-361 Witton Road, Aston, Birmingham, B6 6NS.